Thursday, March 10, 2011

REVIEW: Split Ender



Ok just a quick disclaimer, unlike my previous reviews, I have only used this product once, so I will probably do another review once I've used the product a few more times, to see if I REALLY like or dislike it. Also I have the pink one ONLY because they were out of the blue one which made me sad.

First off, I'm a little disappointed that the product runs on FOUR AA batteries!! REALLY?! It's a hair product NOT a toy! I would prefer that it have an internal rechargeable battery that you can charge, use, and recharge (as we see in cameras and some phones nowadays). Simple right? OR it could plug into an outlet like most other hair devices. But there are some perks to the lack of a plug or rechargeable battery, it makes the product great for travel (Look I'm TRYING to be more optimistic by finding the upside to things, so let's ignore reasons as to why someone would be in such dire need to take this product for TRAVEL when it is recommended for use every 4 to 6 weeks).

Also I'm a little disappointed that the product has to be used on straight hair, because I am trying to use little to no heat, but this particular product necessitates that my hair be straight. So I will only use this when I straighten my hair which will be no more than 4 times a year. Also the directions recommend use on product-free hair, but that is not negotiable seeing that I have to straighten my hair just to use the product, so I used product, but tried to not be so heavy-handed with it.

OK one last thing...THIS. THING. IS. LOUD.

But does it work?

It appears to. After applying TRESSemme Heat Protectant, I then used the Tangle Teezer (see review here) on each section as I was blow drying my hair. I followed up by applying Ion Heat protectant and going over each section with the Maxiglide (see review here). Finally, I went over each section 4 times with the Split-Ender, taking care to make sure the directional switch was pointing the right way.

After doing roughly half of my hair I saw lots of little pieces of hair in the chamber, and my hair appeared softer and looked awesome, but I don't know if I can attribute that to only the Split-Ender (I don't mean to beep my own horn, but BEEP BEEP...or it could have been the protein treatment, Maxiglide, my deep condition treatment...or just that I'm awesome lol).

Clean up with the Split-Ender was a little troublesome, because the little brush they provided did not get into all the nooks and crannies the way I would have liked (I still saw hair!). I wanted to rinse it off, but I didn't want to chance damaging the product, so it's still there. It's not BAD and most people wouldn't mind, but it bothers me.

Pictures of my hair are the same as for the Maxiglide, since I used the Split-Ender after using the Maxiglide, so I won't post the pictures again. I will do another in-depth review as I did with the Maxiglid and Tangle Teezer once I have used the product a few more times, and I will also post pictures as I go along like I did for the henna experience (see post here).





*Note: I was not paid in any way to give this review, though I would not be opposed to compensation ;) If you wanna pay me, who am I to refuse money for liking and writing about a product I like. Get at me! lol*

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Why did they discontinued thats crazy now you have to have a license to get one

Post a Comment